Are orbeez poisonous? Understanding the Risks of Jelly Balls

Orbeez, also known as “jelly balls” or “water beads,” are small plastic beads that expand when they are soaked in water. Orbeez is a fun and interactive toy that has become popular with kids. Are there any risks to playing with Orbeez?

In this article, we will discuss the safety of Orbeez, their potential hazards, and the necessary precautions to be taken while playing with them.

Are orbeez poisonous?

Orbeez are small plastic beads that get bigger when you put them in water. They are not poisonous. However, they can be a choking hazard if they are ingested, so it is important to keep them out of reach of small children and pets. Also, if an Orbeez is eaten, it is important to go to the hospital as soon as possible.

The risks of playing with Jelly Balls

They are not considered poisonous and are safe to handle and play with as long as they are used as intended. Playing with Orbeez does come with some risks, though.

  1. Choking hazard: Orbeez can be a choking hazard if they are ingested. It is important to keep them out of reach of small children and pets and to supervise children when they are playing with them.
  2. Blockages: Swallowing a large number of Orbeez can cause blockages in the stomach or intestines and may require medical attention to remove.
  3. Environmental hazard: Orbeez are not biodegradable, and if not disposed of properly, can end up in oceans and rivers, harm marine life, and pollute the environment.
  4. Messy: Orbeez can make a mess when they are spilled or when they are left in water for long periods.

It is important to use Orbeez the way they were meant to be used, follow the instructions and warnings on the package, watch children and pets play with Orbeez, throw away Orbeez the right way, and get medical help if Orbeez is eaten.

Here are a few reasons why they are safe with proper steps

Orbeez is considered to be safe with proper precautions, such as keeping them out of reach of young children and pets, and using them as intended. They are made of non-toxic materials and do not contain any harsh chemicals. Additionally, they are biodegradable and will dissolve over time if left in water for long periods.

When kids play with Orbeez, it’s also important to keep an eye on them and make sure they don’t put the beads in their mouths or eat them. Also, it’s important to throw away Orbeez the right way and not leave them in water for long periods, as this could cause choking or other problems.

It is also important to be cautious with children and pets who tend to put things in their mouths. If the child or pet is known to tend to put small objects in their mouth, then it is best to avoid using Orbeez.

What are the signs of orbeez poisoning if consumed?

Orbeez is not thought to be poisonous, and it is unlikely that eating them would cause serious health problems. However, they can cause choking if they become lodged in the airway. If a child or pet eats a lot of Orbeez, they should be taken to the hospital as soon as possible, especially if they start to choke or have trouble breathing.

Symptoms of swallowing a foreign body such as Orbeez may include:

  • Gagging or coughing
  • Drooling
  • Choking
  • Difficulty swallowing
  • Breathing difficulty
  • Abdominal pain
  • Nausea or vomiting

If a child or pet has eaten Orbeez, it is important to get them to a doctor as soon as possible, even if they don’t have any symptoms.

What should you do if someone swallows Orbeez?

If someone has swallowed Orbeez, it is important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Some of the things that can be done to help the person who has swallowed Orbeez include:

  1. Call for emergency medical help: Local emergency number if the person is choking or having difficulty breathing.
  2. Check for signs of choking: Look for signs of choking such as coughing, gagging, or difficulty breathing. If the person is choking, perform the Heimlich maneuver or CPR if necessary.
  3. Monitor the person’s symptoms: Look for signs such as abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting.
  4. Do not induce vomiting: Do not try to make the person vomit as this can cause further complications.
  5. Wait for medical help: Wait for medical help to arrive and follow their instructions. The medical team may use various methods to remove the Orbeez, such as endoscopy, which is a procedure in which a small camera is inserted into the stomach to locate and remove the Orbeez.

Even though Orbeez isn’t poisonous, swallowing a lot of it can cause choking or blockages in the stomach or intestines. If someone has swallowed a lot of Orbeez, they must go to the hospital immediately.

Also read: Are Orbeez bad for the environment? 5 Best Reasons


Orbeez is considered safe when used as intended and with proper precautions, but it is important to be aware of the potential. Orbeez is not considered poisonous and is safe to handle and play with as long as it is used as intended. But if you eat Orbeez, you could choke on them, and if you eat a lot of them, they could get stuck in your stomach or intestines. Also, Orbeez doesn’t break down, so it can be bad for the environment if it isn’t thrown away properly. Overall, Orbeez is not poisonous and is generally safe to use.



Social Media

Most Popular

Get The Latest Updates

Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter

No spam, notifications only about new products, updates.
On Key

Related Posts